- This event has passed.
2021 Liberty County 4-H Virtual Fashion and Talent Show
January 14 @ 8:00 am - March 2 @ 12:00 am
New virtual opportunity for our 4-H youth to share their talent! This county level event will possibly qualify 4-H members for advancing to District 9 BIG TIME in D9 Round-UP where youth from all over the district come together to compete. Clover Division entries will not advance to district level.
Cost: $4 per entry
Eventbrite will be used for entry payments. Click on link below.
Division Rules and Guidelines
All entries must follow the District 9 4-H rules and guidelines as much as possible. A complete list of Contests offered at the BIG Time in D9 Event, you can visit the District 9 4H Big Time in D9 Round-Up Event.
Divisions (followed by categories) –
Participants can only submit an entry in 1 category per division. (For Example if you want to enter 1 category per division you will have 4 entries total)
1. Food Show– Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish, or Healthy Dessert Click Here for District 9 Rules
2. Fashion Show – Construction or Buying (see below) Click Here for District 9 Fashion Show Rules
Construction: Everyday Living, ReFashion, Semi-formal to Formal, Theatre/Costume, Quilting
Buying: Business/Interview, Fantastic Fashion under $25, Semi-formal to Formal, Special Interest
3. Share the Fun – Choreographed Routines, Dramedy, Poetry/Prose, Vocal, Celebrate 4-H Skit, Musical/Instrumental, Solo/Band Click Here for descriptions
4. Educational Presentation/Public Speaking: Select Title/Topic Click here for ideas!
Entry Information 2021 County Entry Form Talent Show
Each Fashion and Talent Show Participant will need to:
- Fill out the 2021 County Entry Form Talent Show and submit by February 26th.
- Visit Eventbrite to pay $4 for each entry.
- You will receive a “Entry Confirmation Email” with additional forms to be downloaded and filled out.
- Submit/Upload Additional Forms and a 5-7 minute Youtube video of performance and or presentation for each entry by March 1st, 2021, 11:59 pm. (For Food, Fashion and Quilt entries, your presentation will include as many of the topics listed on the score sheet as possible.)
County 2021 Entry Form Deadline is February 26, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Online Submission Available click on Button below or download the 2021 County Entry Form and email it to Alexis Cordova, email@example.com.
Additional Forms and Youtube video will need to be uploaded by March 1st, 2021 11:59 pm.
Video must include:
- Introduction: Name, Age, Club, Category and Title of Entry… (Performances may have an alternate person provide an introduction.)
- Performance/Presentation: Using Youtube, create a 5-7 minute video for the performance or a presentation using topics from the scoresheet. For Food and Fashion Show, this may include a visual of the entry (i.e. front/back or spoon full/slice)
Judging and Awards
All judges will be anonymous and will not be associated with a county 4-H member/family or club. District 9 Contest Scoresheets (Category specific) will be utilized. Feedback will be provided in the event the 4-H member qualifies or can advance to district level contest(s).
*In the event there is a tie breaker, live (virtual option) interviews may be arranged.
Every participant will receive recognition and an award for participation. Junior, Intermediate and Senior level participants that place 1-3rd in their category per division will also receive and additional award.
Participants will receive 1 point per entry into the 2021 Virtual Fashion and Talent Show towards their Point log.
Call Alexis Cordova, Liberty County Extension Agent for Family & Community Health, if you have questions. (936)334-3230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.