Liberty County Master Gardener Association (LCMGA) will offer one (1) five hundred dollar ($500) scholarship per academic year to graduating high school students in good standing. The scholarships are funded through profitable plant sales and gifts from Master Gardeners. Scholarships are open to public, private, and homeschool graduates who reside in Liberty County. The amount of scholarships are subject to change depending on availability of funds. Application packets can be picked up at the high school counselor’s office or at the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service – Liberty County office, 501 Palmer Avenue, Liberty, TX 77575. Once all application forms, essay and letters recommendation are received all at the same time and in the same mailing, LCMGA will set up interviews with qualifying students.
Deadline for submission of application form, essay, minimum of (2) letters of recommendation (with original signatures): May 10, 2019. Mail or deliver to Liberty Master County Gardeners Association, Liberty County AgriLife Extension Office, 501 Palmer Avenue, Liberty, TX 77575.
For questions or more information, please contact LCMGA prior to deadline at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service – Liberty County office at 936-334-3230.
Scholarships will be awarded to Liberty County graduating high school seniors based on the following requirements:
• Applicants must submit a completed application and essay
• Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA / scale and be in good standing
• Applicants must plan to attend an accredited college/university in Texas
• Applicants must plan to enroll as full-time student. Full-time enrollment is defined as a minimum of 12 hours for undergraduate studies
• Applicants must plan to enroll in Horticultural Sciences, Entomology, Forestry, Watershed Management & Hydrology, Turfgrass Science, Environmental Soil Science, Environmental Studies (BA or BS).
• Finalist must be willing to participate in an interview with LCMGA Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the institution of higher learning upon proof of entry into the college/university of the applicant’s choice.
Scholarships are open to public, private, and homeschool graduates who reside in Liberty County. Applications packets can be picked up at the high school counselor’s office or at the AgriLife Extension Office. For questions or more information, please contact the AgriLife Extension Office at 936-334-3230.